Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Christmas Gifts

So I have never really been an early Christmas gift shopper. Not that I wait to the last minute, but Nov, Dec shopping was usually my thing. Not this year. I started looking for presents months ago.

I have to admit I still engage in "shopping therapy" when I am down. But as I get older, I find I don't need anything. So as I would be walking thru a store trying to find anything I might remotely want, time after time I would leave empty handed.

So, I also have to admit I have this thing with trying to find the perfect item. Example, I needed a business card holder recently. Most people just go to Target or where ever and pick one up, no, no, not me. I spent maybe two weeks canvasing every store in Williamsburg and searching online. It is not a frantic search. I just slowly work a visit to different stores into my schedule. I used to just buy the cheapest. Then I started realizing my stuff wore out and most of it I just really didn't like. I did finally find one card holder that was perfect. And I fully expect to keep it until I die.

So what does this have to do with Christmas? Well, I just transfered my "perfect item shopping therapy" search to Christmas. Why didn't I start this years ago?

While I am on the theme of gifts, I wanted to pass on the website "Mama to Mama". I am going to make some newborn caps to be sent to Haiti. If anyone sews and has some unwanted t-shirts that need to be reused this is perfect.

http://www.soulemama.com/mama_to_mama/

No comments: